Tuesday, May 13, 2008

United in chauvinism

I hadn't planned to post today because I'm feeling shit (I'm currently drinking a Lemsip, and feeling that someone has taken blowtorches to the back of my eyes), but the loons are outdoing themselves so I couldn't avoid a couple of quick comments.

The political parties in Northern Ireland have finally agreed on something. That they are all cockweasels. The DUP, Sinn Féin, the UUP and the SDLP have united to declare that women are second class citizens who shouldn't have the right to decide what happens to their bodies.

A member of the Northern Ireland Assembly's 'pro-life' group (oh yes, the sweet irony that former murdering bastards in Sinn Féin are somehow pro-life) played the jurisdiction card:
"The issue of abortion is a matter that should be left to the assembly itself."
Perhaps it would be better to let any such amendment pass and leave "the issue of abortion" for women to decide for themselves.

No comments: